September is upon us! Hope you enjoy this newsletter.
Tuesdays Aughton village hall 10am
(full at the moment, please add your name to my waiting list)
Wednesdays (older adult) 2pm Maghull Health Studios
NEW additional class 3pm ( for beginners)
First class at Maghull is free
A little quote for all my lovely Pilates members
'Never slouch as doing so compresses the lungs overcrowds other vital organs and throws you off balance ‘– Joseph Pilates
Tuesdays 11.15am Aughton Village Hall
Thursdays 9.30am Maghull Methodist Church
Mondays – Hightown St Stephen’s church Hall 9.30am
Thursdays – The Feelgood Factory Netherton 11.15am
Fridays 9.45 Aughton Village Hall
Wednesdays 9.30 and 10.15 am Netherton Feelgood Factory
ZUMBA GOLD TONING
Fridays 11.15am Feelgood Factory Netherton
Thursdays 12.30 pm Maghull Health Studios
New LBT class at Maghull
Maghull Methodist Church
NEW! 15 -minutes of Legs Bums and Tums exercises
Pay as you go £1.00
Zumba Clinic – NEW!
Tuesday 22nd September 12.15 – 1.15
after Zumba at
Aughton Village Hall
Learn about Zumba it’s origins and the official class format
Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia and Regaetton
· I’ll take you through all these rhythms teaching you all about the moves that accompany the music for each different rhythm
· It’s a great opportunity to learn more about Zumba and explore the different dance styles that we do at class
· For this session only the music will flow and there will be no routines just fun moving to the music we all love.
· Open to anyone who attends Zumba, Zumba Gold or anyone who likes to dance and would love to have a fun one off lesson
· The session will include the class plus cold drinks at the end and an opportunity to socialise with your class mates.
· You can do as little or a much as you like on the day
· Price – £3.50 (anyone also taking part in Zumba on that day the Zumba class will only be £3)
Limited spaces please book.
Wot No Skool
Wot No Skool is a fabulous holiday club run by a local mum at Aughton Village Hall during the school holidays. http://www.wotnoskool.co.uk/
Call Nicky-(owner) for more details if you’re interested
Advertise your business
If any class members would like to advertise their business in our newsletter then please e mail me with details.
New feature - Muscle of the month
September – The Quadriceps
The Quadriceps muscles also know as the Quads for short are situated in the front of the thigh.
As the word suggests there are 4 of them!
They are responsible for straightening the leg from the knee and extending the hip
The also help support the knee cap. The Quads are important from getting up out of a chair, climbing stairs and walking. So all in all it’s important to keep strong Quads.
Exercises you can do such as squats are great for the quads. Ask at class if you want more info on exercises for Quads or correct technique
Recipe - Granola
2 tbsp vegetable oil
125ml maple syrup
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g rolled oats
50g sunflower seeds
4 tbsp sesame seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
100g flaked almonds
100g dried berries (find them in the baking aisle)
50g coconuts flakes or desiccated coconut
1. Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2. Mix the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Tip in all the remaining ingredients, except the dried fruit and coconut, and mix well.
Tip the granola onto two baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 15 mins, then mix in the coconut and dried fruit, and bake for 10-15 mins more. Remove and scrape onto a flat tray to cool. Serve with cold milk or yogurt. The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.
This recipe is from the BBC good food guide. I would suggest reducing the amount of syrup and honey you use and maybe adding some dried fruit or even better fresh fruit when you come to eat it!!!
Eating seasonally is a good way to get many vitamins and minerals into your diet.
You can easily find out what’s in season by checking online.
September is a great month to eat courgettes
Courgettes are so delicious very low in calories and high in water. They have loads of Vitamin A and C and are a good source of folates and potassium
Roast them or stuff them with feta cheese or use for courgetti as an alternative to pasta.
We are still collecting your old bras for breast cancer please pass to me at class or put in the bra bin in Aughton. Thanks to everyone who has already donated.
POSTIVE THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH
You’re only one workout away from a good mood!!
Contact me on 07916 142992
Follow me on twitter @0-90fitness
Mail me email@example.com